cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing interface

c.henley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3548 XL switch which has a Gigabit Ethernet interface missing when I do a 'show version'. It reports I have only got 1 but there should be 2. What has happened to the other one? Has the config lost it? Can I get it back?

Thanks

Craig

6 Replies 6

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

If show version doesn't show the other Gbic interface, that Gbic interface maybe bad. Replace it with a spare Gbic module, and see the sh version.

There was no GBIC interface in the slot but I have put one in now and it just comes up with an Amber LED. Any ideas? Can the slot be replaced?

Hi,

Amber LED means blocked port (via STP probably).

Use sh span on the interface to see what's going on.

Regards,

Milan

I can not do a sh span on the interface because it does not reconise the interface Gi0/2! It works OK on Gi0/1 and the fastethernet ports.

vatsan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig

After the series of trials could you also mention the IOS version of the switch.

The problem could also be related to the IOS version of the switch.

If that be the case then CSCdp57240 should give better results.

PS: Have you tried the working Gigabit Module in the second port which is not coming up and if so what is the result.?

Thanks

Vatsan

The IOS version is IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5.3)WC(1), MAINTENANCE INTERIM SOFTWARE.

I have tried the working module in the other port (Gi0/1) and it works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: