cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLS on Cat6506

keyonj
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe someone could shed a little light on the matter, because I am a little confused. On my Cat6506, MLS is disabled globally(No MLS statements whatsoever). When I exit to the switch and do a "sh mls entry", It is showing cached entries("305 total active MLS entries")! I would think that there would be none since MLS is disabled on the MSFC. Also, when I do a "sh mls" on the switch it shows that the only RP it knows about is the MSFC.

..also I did a "clear mls entry all" and the cache entries built back up. Does this sound normal?

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MLS is enabled on MSFC by default and you will not see it in the configuration as it is the default config

I figured that, that had to be the case. Thanks! But if that is so, then why would one even to go thru the steps of globally enabling it and configuring it on the interfaces?

The only time you would configure anything is, if you are using the MSFC as an MLS-RP for an external MLS-SP such as CAT5000(with NFFC)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: