Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Modem banner/exec banner problem - Urgent

Hi people,

We got 3725 and 2610XM with NM-8AM's in them. We have old IBM RS6000 machine dialing into these routers. The RS6000 expect the router name as part of the inital connect message : ie RS6000 dials into a router called NewYork. After the hand shake phase, the RS6000 expects NewYork before it will kick off it's PAP/Chap stuff.

I had this working on a Cisco loan 3660, however now that I have transfered the configs to the enw routers, I have to hit the enter key before I get any prompt. I have looked into the actiation-character command, but can't figure out how to set it such that the exec-banner or whatever can display the router name.

Here is part of the config :

interface Group-Async2

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

ip tcp header-compression passive

dialer in-band

dialer idle-timeout 600

dialer-group 1

async mode interactive

no peer default ip address

no keepalive

ppp authentication chap pap callin

group-range 129 136

!

exec-banner ^c NewYork ^c

!

line 129 136

flush-at-activation

modem InOut

transport input all

autoselect during-login

flowcontrol hardware

!

Cheers,

Gordon

gordon.p@cleardata.com.au

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Modem banner/exec banner problem - Urgent

Why don't you try putting back the box with which it worked and check if it's still working. If it still works, then check the configuration of the new boxes. If it doesn't work, then you know it's a probelm with the RS6000.

Views
Helpful
Replies