Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Modem config for 1604 router

I'm trying to configure a 1604 router for an out-of-band dial-in backup. The Modem Inout command I use on routers 2500 and above doesn't work. Anyone have documentation on how to configure? I can't find anything from Cisco.

4 REPLIES

Re: Modem config for 1604 router

What kind of modem are you using and what port is it connected to?

Different models of US Robotics modems. Model types: 005686-03 and 00286-00. Connected to Console port of a 1604 router. These router's don't have AUX ports.

The console port cannot be used for outbound dialing as it is only for local console connections (although you can get dial-in modems to work on the console if it is pre-configured).

This is for an in-bound configuration. I'm trying to configure an out-of-band dial up using a standard phone line to the console port of a 1604 router. Cisco sent me some config info, but it states you have to configure the router by directly connecting it to your pc. That's fine, but I have to configure it remotely. The router is in Canada, and I'm in Wisconsin. Any thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content