Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Modem DIAL OUT from 2620 router

we have a 2620 router with a serial expansion card...5 of these serial ports go out to 5 single external 56k USR modems...for RAS dials - we have the dialer configured with a group, list, and string - all equipment is new out of box...however...none of the modems dial. -please email any sample configs to mdowling@pinnaclens.com or post any info that may help. thankx tons !

3 REPLIES

Re: Modem DIAL OUT from 2620 router

Go to www.cisco.com and search for "access cookbook" or "async ddr", that should be what you are looking for. To find out why your stuff isn't working do this:

debug dialer

debug modem

debug chat

debug ppp nego

You might want to try this:

config t

modemcap edit usr misc &fs0=1&c1&d1&h1&r2&b1&k1&m4

line X Y !x=first line y=last line

modem autoconfigure type usr

end

Run "debug confmodem" to see if the modems are taking the string.

Josh

thanks for the info...i tried the debug commands that you gave me...and the router responded to say that they were running...however...i counldn't obtain any info as to why the modem(s) were not dialing. --do you have instant messenger/MSN messenger ? -if so...respond YES here- and send the username info to mdowling@pinnaclens.com --i need to try to get this running asap- (this case has been open a while and needed to be finished yesterday) --kind of in a tight spot...

Aim/YahooIM: d23schultz

Did you do "term mon" to see the debugs(if logged in via telnet)? If you have "logging syncronous" configured under line con 0 that might be breaking it too.

Oh well, send me a message and then we can post back here with the results.

Josh

Views
Helpful
Replies