cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

modify user roles in cw2k

c.chaplin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to modify the default user roles and permissions in ciscoworks? For example, I want to remove the Help Desk role's ability to open a TAC case, or to allow the Help Desk permission to view the Monitoring Console, etc.

Using Ciscoworks 2000 with CDone 5th ed. v2.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

In older versions, the roles for each user as seen in the permissions are fixed and cannot be mixed n matched. Though, CMF2.2 provides support for role editing and assignment of device level permissions via the ACS integration mode.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it is possible. You should log in as admin and go to:

CiscoWorks server-->Setup-->Security-->Modify/Delete Users

Here you can change all the roles you want... You can see in Permission Report which options gives each rol...

Regards,

Ruben

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

In older versions, the roles for each user as seen in the permissions are fixed and cannot be mixed n matched. Though, CMF2.2 provides support for role editing and assignment of device level permissions via the ACS integration mode.

Thanks for pointing out the version difference. Turns out I only have CMF2.1. So my follow questions is, do you know if it's possible to download a patch for CMF (I've been digging around the site but no luck so far) or is that more of a contract-dependent issue?

No, it's not available as a download from CCO. You need to order it via your normal sales channel.

Having upgraded to 2.2 I would like to fine-tune the roles but what do you mean by "ACS integration mode?" Is it another module in CiscoWorks, or tool found elsewhere?

ACS integration means to use a separate TACACS+/Cisco Secure Server to control the user roles and login into CW2K

Hi,

If I want to use the ACS intergration in v2.2 do I need to choose for this option during installation?

Hans

No. You can integrate later.

How do you intergate ACS later?

Hans

Do you have any links or helpful information about using ACS to edit the permissions of roles in CW2K? We would like to remove all permissions from the Help Desk role, and modify the permissions available to the other roles. It is my understanding that this requires integration with ACS, but I cannot find information on how to make it work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: