Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Monitor A Router

Hello - I'm setting up a demonstration of network traffic flow using a number of computers, two switches and a router. By running a packet sniffer on all computers I am showing where the traffic flows as it goes through the network. For both switches, I set it to forward a copy of all traffic to a port, which I then used for the switch monitor. Now I am looking for a way to show all traffic going through or to the router. Is there an option to have the router forward a copy of everything to a certain IP address? At the moment I have the console on the screen and have turned on debugging. This is showing some things - for example a ping to one of the routers interfaces - but it does not cover everything. If you have any tips or know of a way to make this happen, please send them my way. Thanks

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Monitor A Router

The only way I'm aware of to do this is via the IP Export feature, which is only available in very recent T-Train IOS versions (as of 12.3(4)T): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d1cab.html

Views
Helpful
Replies