Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

monitoring connection

For monitoring our T1's we have a program that periodically pings them, it records if it was reachable or not and ping latency. Whenever the T1 goes down we get paged, same if ping latency goes above X ms.

However our T1 providor changed policies, now they drop all icmp packets going to the T1's ip.. So basically I'm needing another way to monitor the link status. The only other way I can think of accomplishing this is via snmp polling.. Having the return value indicating the status of the serial interface.

I know snmpv3 supports inform-requests, but I'm pretty sure our monitoring software doesn't yet support snmp v3.

Syslog is another way but a little sloppy to parse/grep through a file looking for changes in status.

Only problem is I don't know the proper mibs involved for this.. We have a 7206vxr.

Thanks for any suggestions

3 REPLIES

Re: monitoring connection

You can use IF-MIB.my . This MIB would help you to get the status of link.

Check out www.linmor.com performance monitor a low cost solution for any Cisco device or contact jose.burgos@linmor.com for information on the software. It can be demo'd via web-ex.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content