cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Multicast Packet on Catalyst 2950.

fzink
Level 1
Level 1

I encountered an issue when I try to poll the following OID on 2950 and 3550:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.17.5.1.1.3 (dot1dStaticAllowedToGoTo)

This OID give ports used by a specific Mac address on different switch but it doesn't work on 2950 an 3550 since we do not have these ports notion on these Catalysts. Hence I try to find an OID which give us interfaces use for a specific MAC adress. Unfortunately I don't succeed.

Does somebody have experienced that issue and have sort it out?

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

The OID dot1dStaticAllowedToGoTo is of course supported by Cat 2950 and 3550. It should give you the results on query. The reason for not getting the results could be misconfiguration. Each of the ports of the switch should be configured to foward the packets, in other words, these ports should be in forwarding state, then only does the OID return the values. Hope this answers your question.

Thank you for that. Unfortunately the query doesn't work at all with all the Release I checked. Moreover I had already checked the forwarding state of the interface but everything seemed ok. If this feature had been implemented on the 2950 and 3550 I thought I had succeed at least once. That's why I had deducted that since these 2 catalysts didn't have the "port" notion we couldn't find the port number in the first 2 bytes then this OID was not implemented.

I think I'm gonna open a case on that if nobody has another solution.