Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Monitoring packets statistics from 3500XL port

How do i monitor realtime packet statistics specifically on a fastethernet port on the 3500XL Catalyst? Meaning you can actually see the number of packets increasing eg bad packets etc.

6 REPLIES

Re: Monitoring packets statistics from 3500XL port

Realtime? As in 'now'? Well a protocol analyzer will do that. But if you can wait 5 seconds for polling, use HP Openview, or any other SNMP monitoring tool. You can even use MRTG (Multi-Router-Traffic-Grapher), ref http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

Nope... i mean within telnet itself... and you will see something like the received packets, transmitted packets, bad packets etc. And a counter beside it which will keep running if packets are sent or received... no 3rd party software as a probe...

Purple

Just "show interface" should give you that .

no... if i need to monitor then i will have to keep "sh int" ??? i hope can see the no. of packets increasing...

With out using a 3rd party software you can not monitor in real time any packet information on a network. You must use some form of a packet sniffer.

Have you tried show controllers ethernet-controller mod/port ??

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content