cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

monitoring server instead of the interface

rpalacio
Level 1
Level 1

i am using an ISDN as a backup interface for my serial. I also have a critical server on the other side of the serial. Is it possibe for the backup command to monitor the server on the other side instead of monitoring the serial line?

thx.

2 Replies 2

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

This isn't currently possible to my knowledge. There's talk of some type of ping-based routing being in the works for future IOS releases but I don't think anything has been confirmed.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I too agree, with Terry, with the fact that this is not currently supported on the IOS.

What factor decides triggering of ISDN link, once you monitor the server ? Is it traffic to the server, or availability of the server ??? If you are looking for traffic load, then you might want to try using backup load commands, to trigger the link, when traffic reaches a particular threshold.

Again this triggering of isdn link, can be related to total traffic on the primary link and not just traffic destined to the server.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: