cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More than one default route to Internet

bevans
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network with an MS ISA Server and a PIX. The ISA is the primary path out for all clients (proxy and other). The PIX is the end security device. However, the PIX also plugs into the LAN for services that need to bypass the ISA.

I have a default route to push all outbound traffic to the ISA/Proxy server:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.1.5

Now, we would like certain traffic (specific IP addresses in different VLANs) to go to 10.10.5.1 (the PIX) as their default gateway.

How could we do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

You could accomplish this using Policy Based Routing.

You will need to configure an access-list to match against the addresses you want to go out the PIX.

Then create a route-map which matches the access-list, and sets a default next hop IP.

Then apply the policy to an interface or multiple interfaces on the device doing the PBR. This can also be applied to VLAN interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c75d2.html

Hope this helps

Martin

Please rate useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

You could accomplish this using Policy Based Routing.

You will need to configure an access-list to match against the addresses you want to go out the PIX.

Then create a route-map which matches the access-list, and sets a default next hop IP.

Then apply the policy to an interface or multiple interfaces on the device doing the PBR. This can also be applied to VLAN interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c75d2.html

Hope this helps

Martin

Please rate useful posts

Hi,

Could you post a figure with your topology ?

Paresh

M.Parry,

That looks great. I think that is exactly what I am looking for. I knew there had to be a way to do it but I was just stuck.

Thanks for saving me on this one! I am going to test it all out.