I am running an MPLS VPN prototype on a group of 3640's and 7206s. It all works like a dream except for one issue. I am attempting to use dot1q VLAN trunking on an Ethernet interface. I created two sub-interfaces and have assigned them each to their own respective VRF, and have assigned them each their own IP networks. The routes are distributed to all other routers in the VRF via BGP and each sub-interface shows up when performing a "sh ip vrf"; however, neither interface shows up in the MPLS forwarding table nor can I can use "ping VRF" to reach either interface. When looking at the CEF properties of each interface it appears that tags are being assigned; however, they do not show up in the MPLS forwarding table. If I move the VRFs off of the sub-interfaces to straght interfaces everything works great. I have tried both 12.2.5 and 12.1-5T9, no difference in functionality. Any assitance is greatly appreciated. How do I get these sub-interfaces to be assigned in the MPLS forwarding table ??????
For those of you who might be interested in the resolution of this problem. The problem was resolved by implementing FastEthernet interfaces. As mentioned above, the environment was a prototype and the routers were using Ethernet interfaces. Although the interfaces would except the MPLS and dot1q commands none of the interface information was making it into the MPLS forwardinding table and thus not working. Replacing the interfaces with FastE interfaces resolved the problem.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...