Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MPPP, LLQ & fair queue

Hi,

I have two routers (3745 & 3600) which are connected via two 2M leased lines with mppp enabled.

My intention is to enable LLQ on the virtual template (to prioritise voice traffic) but I am unsure whether to enable the "fair-queue" command on the individual serial interfaces.

All the examples I can find suggest switching it off and I can only guess this is because it is simply not needed. But since I cannot find anywhere that specifically addresses this issue I am unsure.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: MPPP, LLQ & fair queue

Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing supported on MLPPP bundle interfaces.

Check the following document for egs.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_c/fnsprt8/dafvrtmp.htm

Correct me if I am wrong but that document doesn't mention queuing? It describes setup instructions of MLPPP.

I am not sure you understood my question.

Do I need fair queuing on the serial interfaces given that low latency queuing is enabled on the virtual template. My current config prioritises voice traffic and applies a fair queue on the rest of the traffic at the virtual interface level. So is it needed on the serial interface?

VIP Purple

Hi,

AFAIK, fair-queue is not supported on virtual interfaces anyway. So wether you turn it on or off, it wouldn´t work no matter what. I can only imagine that they recommend to turn it off so you don´t see it in your config and THINK it is working.

Regards,

Georg

Georg,

Actually that was my origional question, do they (cisco) recommend turning it off? I can see here <http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/qos_c/qcprt2/qcdwfq.htm#1002225> that it has specifically been switched off but why?

I guess if it is not supported it won't matter!

Views
Helpful
Replies