Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MRTG logarithmic graphing

I have been using MRTG for quite a while to log inbound and outbound traffic for 60+ routers in our enterprise. I now have a problem with graphing a 10Mb link that I hope someone on this forum will be able to help (I know it is not strictly a Cisco problem but hey, we all use monitoring tools, and MRTG is a great product!)

My problem is that most of the time there is low traffic use but a few times a day there is a major copy job across the link that peaks the graph at 8-9Mb. This results in a graph that shows the major peak but practically hides the standard traffic at the bottom of the graph.

I would like to have the graph display in logarithmic scale rather than a linear format. This way I the graph will display the smaller traffic better rather than being buried way down at the bottom of the screen.

Has anyone found a way to get around this?

Sorry again but I am sure someone has the answer (I cannot find it on the MRTG website or forums anywhere!)

Thanks in advance,

Neil. :-}

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: MRTG logarithmic graphing

I suggest that you try posting this to the MRTG News Group to see if some one have any suggestions: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/forum.html (unless you already have done this)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content