cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRTG logarithmic graphing

neil.barrett
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using MRTG for quite a while to log inbound and outbound traffic for 60+ routers in our enterprise. I now have a problem with graphing a 10Mb link that I hope someone on this forum will be able to help (I know it is not strictly a Cisco problem but hey, we all use monitoring tools, and MRTG is a great product!)

My problem is that most of the time there is low traffic use but a few times a day there is a major copy job across the link that peaks the graph at 8-9Mb. This results in a graph that shows the major peak but practically hides the standard traffic at the bottom of the graph.

I would like to have the graph display in logarithmic scale rather than a linear format. This way I the graph will display the smaller traffic better rather than being buried way down at the bottom of the screen.

Has anyone found a way to get around this?

Sorry again but I am sure someone has the answer (I cannot find it on the MRTG website or forums anywhere!)

Thanks in advance,

Neil. :-}

1 Reply 1

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

I suggest that you try posting this to the MRTG News Group to see if some one have any suggestions: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/forum.html (unless you already have done this)