cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

multi vlan on single port

Hi All

I would like to create multi vlan on my existing cisco switch 2960S for our new IPT project, existing i have a default vlan , and would like to create a voice vlan for cisco ITP , just wonder how do i create multi vlan on single port, i have search through internet and found below command, but it shows command invalid, is it my version of the switch doesnt support "switchport mode multi" command ? and i found that from other post, if multi doesnt support on this switch model, there is another solution, they suggest to use turnk ? can you explain how to do that ? i though there is only single port need to form trunk link to other switch, Hope you can help with my problem, Thx !

cisco_4-21f(config)#int Gi1/0/22

cisco_4-21f(config-if)#switchport mode multi

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

cisco switch 2960s version

WS-C2960S-24PD-L   12.2(55)SE3

4 REPLIES
Silver

This document will assist:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a0080b95982.shtml

The commands you are looking for are:

Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan 10
Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 20

am i allow to assign fix ip in cisco ip phone ? or it must assigned by dhcp server ? and also for telephone number

Silver

You can use static addressing though it is a lot of additional administration. Phone number assignment is done by whatever you are using as a call control agent - Call Manager, CM Express or something else.

Hi mfurnival

For below command, correct me if i,m wrong, is below all the steps to assign mutli vlan to a single switch port, while ip phone access port is connected to pc, anything else i miss ? Thx for help

1 VLAN for VOICE        and 1 VLAN for DATA

interface GigabitEthernet0/2     <--- this switch port is connected to ip phone

Switch(config-if)#switchport voice vlan 10    <---  assign this GigabitEthernet0/2 to voice vlan

Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 20     <-- at the same time assign data vlan to GigabitEthernet0/2 , what about my data is using default vlan, i can kindly type "switchport access vlan 1 ? 

Blow command is to configuring Cisco IP Phone Voice Traffic

Switch(config-if)# mls qos trust cos
Switch(config-if)# switchport voice vlan dot1p
Switch(config-if)# end

Below command is to configuring the Priority of Incoming Data Frames

Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet0/1
Switch(config-if)# switchport priority extend trust
Switch(config-if)# end

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content