Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multicast routing

How do I enable multicast routing between a Cisco 6509 and a Marconi ESR5000?

I am replacing our ESR5000 with the Cisco 6509.

This is a gradual move our 600 users on 10 different VLANs.

I need to enable the multicast routing to allow my Netware IP Servers and users to communicate with the SLPDA Netware Server that is on a different VLAN.

Per Novell Document 2944038, which is also a document on Cisco Tech Support network site, I enabled the "ip multicast-routing" command globally and enabled the "ip pim dense-mode" command under each VLAN.

I am able to multicast access the SLPDA server on the ESR5000 from each VLAN on the 6509 as long as

that VLAN has a IP IGMP interface enabled on the ESR5000. I found information that indicated that I needed to enable DVMRP on the interface between 2 routers to allow multicast access between them. I did this on the one VLAN I use as my connection between the ESR5000 and 6509 and it disabled the multicast connection I had with that VLAN plus all others that were previously working with IP interface on both routers.

Thanks, Ken

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Multicast routing

This document has some of the details you are looking for :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/tk363/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f21.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies