cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MultiChassis Multilink PPP Design Issue

carpano
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with two 7206 ISDN router which use PPP Multichassis Multilink protocol between them. Each of them has about 12 ISDN Primary links and when all the ISDN calls are established we have the issues.

I want to know if there is an upper limit by design on the number of simultaneus ISDN calls which could be managed by MultiChassis Multilink PPP protocol.

4 Replies 4

masharris
Level 1
Level 1

Probably need some more info to help you....are you running sgbp and what is the offload box for the PPP sessions a 7206 as well? If so, what is the sh proc cpu results on the offload box.

In addition, some config snippets would be helpful as well.

Mason

We are running sgbp and we have two 7206 box in load balancing for the ISDN calls (there is no such offload box). Load balance between the 7206 is performed by the telephon switch of the provider.The sh proc output is generally very low (under 2%), but I do not have the sh proc at the peak traffic rate.

masharris
Level 1
Level 1

ok, so i noticed i didn't answer your first question from above, but there is not a limit on MLPPP. Typically the limitation is cpu due to the bonding and unbonding of PPP sessions.

What kind of specific issues are you seeing? Dropped calls, PPP segmentation errors, etc?

The specific issue is a memory leak on the 7206 routers due to the MLPPP process. Probably it is due to a software defect but I wanted to check if there is also a design issue there.

Thank you.