cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink BRI connection

guy
Level 1
Level 1

How do I place a priority on a bri interface so that the same channel is the first and only permanent connection and the others DOD.

3 Replies 3

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

You can't prioritize a particular B channel within a BRI; the switch tells the cisco which B-channel to use each time a call is placed. You can prioritize multiple BRI interfaces that are all in a rotary-group; you would do that with the "dialer priority" command under the BRI interfaces.

bourse
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean you wish to bring up the second channel only if required? If so, you can use the dialer load-threshold command. For example:

dialer-load threshold 128

will only bring up a second channel if the first one is at 50% capacity.

Overview, Customer is paying for a permanent connection on only one channel which will be up all the time, he also has the capacity for three more channels to come up on demand. I have configured this OK. But I need to ensure that the one permanent channel is always on the same BRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: