cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink PPP

michael.crocker
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have about 25 sites that use ISDN backup. Everything worked fine up until I upgraded the IOS on the 3662 dialin router from 12.2.11T to 12.3.7T. Now, when a remote site dials in on ISDN, they get connected but you can't ping across the link and I don't see IPCP inserting a route onto the remote router during a debug. If I remove the "ppp multilink" command from both the BRI and Dialer interfaces on the remote routers, they connect fine and you can ping across. The second B channel will come up also, however, without using "ppp multilink" the channels are not bound together to give me the 128K.

Anyone have any ideas because I have been racking my brain for a while on this one adding and removing commands to see what would fix the problem.

Thanks!

Michael

2 Replies 2

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should probably open up a TAC case as this could be some new IOS bug. If you want to post interface (BRI/serial0:23/dialer) level config from the 3662 and one of the remotes along with debug dialer, debug ppp nego, debug ppp chap and debug ppp multilink from the same remote, I could take a quick look at it.

~Zulfi

I'm probably indeed will have to open a TAC case. I already did the debugs and during the ppp negotiation it comes up saying "lower layer not available" and doesn't insert the router during IPCP.