Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple BRI interfaces using Dial on Demand

Hi,

We currently use Dial on Demand for some remote links. One particular site is configured to run at 64K but using load-threshold it goes up to 128K during peaks times.

This site looks like increasing in size. Is it possible to configure more than one BRI interface for the DIal on Demand & load-threshold. So that it can go from 64-256K as the traffic increases. E.g Dials up more lines as required.

Thanks

Alistair

2 REPLIES

Re: Multiple BRI interfaces using Dial on Demand

Yes it is possible. My recommendation is to change (if you haven't already) your Dial on Demand to use Dialer interfaces. That is at the "initiating" end, configure your physical BRI interfaces as "dialer pool-member x" and configure your Dialer interface as "dialer-group x". There are examples of this type of configuration on Cisco web site. Have a look at this as an example: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk133/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c2e.shtml#diag

Re: Multiple BRI interfaces using Dial on Demand

I'm currently using "dialer pool" in the BRI & "dialer group" in the Dialer interface. Do I need to configure the next BRI as the same dialer pool?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content