cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple public addresses and NAT

thomas.green
Level 1
Level 1

We have nat configured on a 1700 series router with 2 public addresses given to us by our ISP. We have been running this way for 8 months. Recently we had a need for 2 additional addresses but the 2 new ones the ISP gave us are a different network number from the previous 2 given to us. Can two nat pools be created with two different network numbers? I have tried but with no success. Thanks

4 Replies 4

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe that this is possible, however, why would you use a pool for 4 addresses?

It sounds like it would be easier to statically NAT an/or use PAT (overload). Or you could use two different pools and divide your access-list by even/odd addresses in each pool.

Mick.

My mistake, we want to keep the existing pool but need 2 additional public addresses to statically map to devices that are on the private side. Is this just a simple static mapping with the different network addresses? Thanks

Yes. Just add the two static NAT statements for the new addresses and you're done.

I would suggest that you "deny" these two internal IP addresses from your existing NAT pool by placing the "access-list xx deny" statements at the beginning of your access-list.

Mick.

Thanks for your quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: