cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple public addresses and NAT

thomas.green
Level 1
Level 1

We have nat configured on a 1700 series router with 2 public addresses given to us by our ISP. We have been running this way for 8 months. Recently we had a need for 2 additional addresses but the 2 new ones the ISP gave us are a different network number from the previous 2 given to us. Can two nat pools be created with two different network numbers? I have tried but with no success. Thanks

4 Replies 4

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe that this is possible, however, why would you use a pool for 4 addresses?

It sounds like it would be easier to statically NAT an/or use PAT (overload). Or you could use two different pools and divide your access-list by even/odd addresses in each pool.

Mick.

My mistake, we want to keep the existing pool but need 2 additional public addresses to statically map to devices that are on the private side. Is this just a simple static mapping with the different network addresses? Thanks

Yes. Just add the two static NAT statements for the new addresses and you're done.

I would suggest that you "deny" these two internal IP addresses from your existing NAT pool by placing the "access-list xx deny" statements at the beginning of your access-list.

Mick.

Thanks for your quick response.