Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

My 1472kbps Frame Relay pipe won't allow more than 1Mb of traffic

I hope someone can help me with an issue on my back-to-back Cisco frame relay link. The link bandwidth is E1, which was divided into three PVCs with a bandwidth of 1472kbps for the 1st, 512kbps for the 2nd, and 64kbps for the 3rd. All these is done via traffic-shaping. However, we seem to notice that the 1472kbps pipe won't allow us to pass more than 1Mbps of traffic, no matter how hard we try. I wonder if anyone can provide me with a recommended setup for the router in each end.

3 REPLIES

Re: My 1472kbps Frame Relay pipe won't allow more than 1Mb of tr

TCP overhead, can take up to 5 - 15% of bandwith

cak

Hi,

how have you setup the 1472kbps pipe? with a cir and be? We experience that only the cir and a little traffic above is transmitted, not more. Even if policing is turned off on our FR-port on the switch. When we disable shaping on the router, a lot more traffic will be transmitted.

Yes, I have all pipes currently set up with traffic-rate CIR and Peak rate parameters wherein the CIR set is 75% of the Peak rates. The original setup was that there was no value set for the Peak rates. It worked with the 1st and 2nd pipes, then allocated with CIRs of 1024k and 512k, respectively. However, the setup prohibited any amount of traffic to pass through the 3rd pipe, which was only allocated with 64k of bandwidth. Any idea why was that so?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content