Helpful
Replies

Name is equal to IP in CW2000/Campus Manager/Topology view

glmrenard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a little problem...

In Topology view, in the right place, when I see all my device, I see the name and the ip (and portstatuis and istrunk ...) but IP=Name, Why ?

On the graph, I can see the real name so I don't kniow what to do. Please help.

best regards

Guillaume

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Hello,

Thanks for answering, but that is I have to modify ANIServer.properties ?

I want to have the name so what exactly have I to do ?

I think I havte to :

nameserver.resolveByName=false

Thanks. How many seed devices can be entered into CW2K/Campus manager? How to configure Name Resoution for picking up preferred management address - loopback address.

I really appreciated your help!!!

Simon

Thanks, it works perfectly, what I have now in my file is :

# When usedns is set to false, ANI will not resolve ip address to name

# using DNS.

#

nameserver.usedns=true

#

# When resolveByName is true and if a host name was found, then DNS

# will be used to lookup a primary IP address for the host name.

#

nameserver.resolveByName=false

#

Thanks again !!!

Guillaume

I assumed that this "nameserver.userdns-true" is configured on CW2K server? What is the file name?

Thanks!!!

I am not sure if this message is repeated.

I have the same settings in my aniserver.properties file (use dns = true, resolvebyname=false, resolvebysysName=true) however when I go to the summary view in CM I still see only the IP add as device name. the only way I can see the sysname is If I go to display view > showlabels> use sysname.

Is'nt there any way that the sysname can be displayed in the summary view as well?

Hello,

Have you a reverse zone in your DNS server ? Does your ciscoworks2000 server has the DNS correctly configured ?

Yes the DNS is configured correctly for the server. But what I am saying is that CW Campus M can get the sysnames for all my devices but only when I go to the display view > show labels, but it will not do that in the summary view. So I know that my devices are capable of giving their sysnames , its just CW does not like to display them in topology map/summary view. I'm thinkng there might be a bug.

Do you have the sysnames (not dns fqn's) showing in your summary view?

Yes I have...

The summary view does not show the configured router hostname but rather it is a reflection of a reverse lookup in DNS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: