Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT and async interfaces

agonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi you guys!

I have a Access Server but I need to configure NAT in order translate the IP addres from the asyncronus interfaces to an IP address that belongs to a local segment! the IP address are in a local pool into the router.

The goal is if a user comes from async interfaces with an IP addrees it can reach any host in the LAN via NAT (an IP address thats belong in the same ip address range in the LAN)

any tip?

Could it works?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Should work just fine. Just configure NAT as usual. "ip nat inside" on the group async interface or dialer interface (which ever interface the user will terminate and inherit L3 parameters on) and "ip nat outside" on the interface connected to the LAN.

If you need help with a sample config or anything give me more specifics and I will help you out. You can also e mail me directly if you'd like.

Daniel

dbellazetin@hotmail.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Should work just fine. Just configure NAT as usual. "ip nat inside" on the group async interface or dialer interface (which ever interface the user will terminate and inherit L3 parameters on) and "ip nat outside" on the interface connected to the LAN.

If you need help with a sample config or anything give me more specifics and I will help you out. You can also e mail me directly if you'd like.

Daniel

dbellazetin@hotmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: