Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT and dialin access to the internal network

I have the following configuration:

2610XM with one fasteth interface, one serial and four asyn serial interfaces. FE is for internal network, serial is for the internet, and four asyn interfaces are for dialin access through analog modems. Two of these dialin modems are for access to the internal network, and the other two are for the both internal network and internet access.

Is it possible to configure NAT on the FE (inside) and serial interface (outside), and at the same time to properly route those analog dialin calls - with ACL permissions of course?

I mean, there will be NAT on those two interfaces, and dialin users will jump in the middle of it and ask for access.

I hope the situation is well explained. :) Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: NAT and dialin access to the internal network

NAT is done only between the inside and outside interfaces. So, if you are not configuring NAT on the async interfaces, NAT will not be done when the dialin users access either the internal network or internet. If you want NAT to be done for them to access the internet, you need to make the async interface also as an inside interface. With this configuration, NAT will done when they access the internet, but not when they access the internal network since both the async and internal networks are configured as inside interfaces.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content