Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT connectivity problem

r.dufton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to set up NAT on a PRI dial in interface, I have set up the following commands :

access-list 1 permit 1.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

ip nat pool dialin 172.16.1.1 172.16.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

ip nat outside source list 1 pool dialin overload

int f0/0 : ip nat inside

int group-async 1 & 2 & serial 1/0:15(d channel) ip nat outside

I am trying to have it so dial in users will access the network via 1 address (172.16.1.1). When I dial in to the router it issues me with a correct ip (a 1.1.1.0 address for now) but I cant ping anything. However if i try a traceroute then it sees the router address.

If I look in 'sh ip nat trans' I can see the dial in address and destination and there are several hits and no misses in the 'sh ip nat stat'.

The above commands are the only ones I have added for nat so am i missing any out or do i need extra routes or something?

Any ideas welcome...

Richard

4 Replies 4

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

is the access device advertising the 172.16.1.0/24 network to the inside routers? Create a static route and inject it into your routing protocol. You can do it in the next upstream router or in the access server by directing it to a null interface.

cheersa for the reply,

i am trying to hide behind the single ip address and this should be advertised through ospf as it is wh

within the sites range of advertised network addresses.

is this sufficient or do i need a special route just for the nat ip address?

How is 172.16.1.1 advertised through OSPF?

Russ.W

You need to advertise the NAT address. That is the only address other routers in you netowrk will see.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: