cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT on a 6506/MSFC 2

j.lipsett
Level 1
Level 1

I have a GRE tunnel coming into Vlan 60 using public addresses. I also have a private addressed vlan 1 (Management Vlan)on 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0. I have used simple static NAT to MAP the private/public address for all my network devices. The above configuration is on both 6506/MSCF 2's. I place the NAT Inside config on the interface Vlan 1 and NAT outside on interface Vlan 60. The only way I could get the NAT to work was to place a static route pointing to Vlan 60. The routing table then picked up the route via the other 6506 or I could have used an Interface address on the other 6506, but this is no good as if one 6506 goes down their is no route to the NAT addresses? Surly there must be a confuration where the primary 6506 can deal with the traffic without trying to go via the other 6506(secondary switch)?

3 Replies 3

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

I can't follow you on this one. Please provide your requirements, current configuration and if possible a simple diagram.

Why is it you want to tunnel traffic between both MSFCs? What is the requirement for NAT?

--Leon

Leon

Will get info to you.

John

Leon

Will get info to you.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: