Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT pool is full

I have a connection to an extranet partner where we nat our source addresses to a nat pool and they in turn nat those to a different source for their network. my pool looks like this:

ip nat pool EnterprisePool 10.80.244.1 10.80.247.254 prefix-length 22

it looks like the nat pool that the extranet partner had was too small to handle our capacity so I started seeing addresses that fell within my nat pool being nat'd to addresses in my nat pool. I would see an address of 10.80.244.190 being nat'd to 10.80.244.157. Was this caused by them running out of NATs? How does IOS handle it when a NAT pool is full?

2 REPLIES

Re: NAT pool is full

It may not be of running out of address in pool.

Pls check for the access-list/route-map, which you are using for classifying the criteria using which you are doing NAT.

ex.If you use an access-list "permit ip any any"

may cause this.

Re: NAT pool is full

Thanks for the info. I did have a permit any any in there and had added rules to deny my NATs from being NAT'd right before I posted my original question. My vendor had also expanded their pool so it's hard to tell what fixed it. My guess is that I filled up the pool by NATing my NATs. I usually only NAT on an outside interface so I hadn't ran into this before.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content