Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT/ Proxy

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but here is a diagram and

explanation of what I would like to achieve.

(Inside) --- Cisco Router --- (Outside) ----[Public Internet]---- Host A

|

|

------ Host B

1) Host A connects to Cisco Router on port 5555

2) Cisco Router translates/forwards the request to Host B on port 7777

- Cisco Router is acting like a proxy/boarder gateway for Host A

- Host B only see Cisco Router connecting to it.

- Host A has no idea it's actually connecting to Host B

Any ideas would be appreciated.

--Matteo

10 REPLIES

Re: NAT/ Proxy

Sorry bad diagram, Host B is in the wrong spot. Please look at attachment.

Hi

Pls tell, which one of the two you want to achieve?

Regards

JD

Only look at the diagram the .gif file.

I want Host A to connect to Cisco Router on port 5555 and the Cisco Router should translates/forwards the request to Host B on port 7777 so that the Cisco Router is acting like a proxy/boarder gateway for Host A. Host B should only see Cisco Router connecting to it and Host A should have no idea it's actually connecting to Host B. This is my goal.

Are the hosts, A and B, on the same IP subnet?

Never mind, I just looked at the attached diagram. Since the hosts are on the Internet and they use your outside router as gateway to talk to each other you could configure port forwarding on the router to achieve this.

HTH,

Sundar

Hi Sundar, Is port forwarding NAT? What is the command for port forwarding? Thankks

Hi,

Yes, it's a NAT feature.

Your config would look something like this:

ip nat inside source static tcp (192.168.10.1) 777 (171.69.232.209) 555

Where 192.168.10.1 is Host B's address. 171.69.232.209 is the outside Router's address used as gateway by the Host A.

In additon to this, you would need to configure your nat inside and outside interfaces. If both hosts are connected via the same interface then you could use a feature called NAT on a stick. The following link has info on configuration NAT on a stick.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094430.shtml

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sundar

Host A does not use the router in the diagram as a default gateway. They are all on there own networks. I took a look at the link but it is very confusing. I need to be able to do this with one router. Is this possible?

Hi

I think this can be achieved through L2TP VPN tunnel.What you can do is create a Dial-in profiles for both the hosts on the router,then you do not have to worry that your secrecy will be breached, b'coz the host_B will always think that host_A is at your Local network.

I believe it will solve your purpose.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content