Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT, VPN traffic processing...

lwolowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a LAN to LAN VPN. I also have an access-list that processes traffic on a port bases to internal servers. The problem I'm having is, if I add a server to the access-list allowing any port (we'll use port 80 for this example) then that server is unable to send traffic through the VPN tunnel.

Example:

ip nat inside source static --moderator edit-- 192.168.1.13 --moderator edit-- 10.1.1.13

access-list 117 permit tcp any host --moderator edit-- 10.1.1.13 eq www

access-list 117 deny ip any host --moderator edit-- 10.1.1.13

If I remove the deny statement, I can use the VPN tunnel from this server, but then all the ports are opened to this server from the internet, which I don't want.

Is there a way to keep both my NAT and access list enabled and utilize my VPN tunnel to the other LAN.

Thanks for the responses in advance.

1 Reply 1

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

access-list 117 permit tcp any host --moderator edit-- 10.1.1.13 eq www

access-list 117 deny ip any host --moderator edit-- 10.1.1.13

In the above access list the deny statement is not needed as the permit statement itself has the implicit deny.

And I think you have to check the NAT and IPSEC configuration. Check whether you have configured the natted IP address in the IPSEC configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: