Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT with Axis Print Server

agnelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have configured NAT on a router Static as well as dynamic. Some of the static IP's used are for Host computers like Windows NT, W2K Unix etc. Everything works fine but there is one AXIS print server which has a Static NAT. If you try to ping this device it does not respond. Rest all the servers are pingable. If you use web browser and telnet to access the Print server it works. The moment you remove the command ip nat outside from the I/F it starts to ping.

Dynamic NAT works fine. Since there are limited valid IP's I use some Valid IPs for static NAT and overload for the dynamic.

The IOS is 12.2.8T version and model is 1751V. It looks very strange.

Any ideas

Agnelo

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

The problem indeed looks strange. Since the configuration has not been posted, thought I can share some directions to find what is happening. You can check whether there is any address or port overlap between the static and dynamic NAT entries. Since you are doing static NAT, you can check whether the translation is there in the NAT table for the print server. You can also use 'debug ip nat detail' command to see whether the translation is happening correctly when you 'ping' the print server. If you have a network analyzer, you can capture the packets on the wire and see the addresses being used in the packets. If everything looks fine, you can check for NAT related bugs if you have access to Bug toolkit.