Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT

Can I make a single interface to bahave as NAT inside as well as NAT ouside. Can it be done by subinterfaces

4 REPLIES

Re: NAT

Configuring nat inside & outside on the same interface will not be possible. The IOS interpreter will accept the last of the two commands entered and overwrite the other. However; you can use a loopback interface to serve as nat inside or outside. The trick will be to route the data through the loopback. This may complicate your config a bit and may even not be possible depending on your demands.

It solves your question but that's about it.

Regards,

Leo

what if I configure a subinterface as nat inside having a private ip address and another subinterface on the same interface as nat outside having a public ip address, would this provide me with the same functionality and would satisfy my motive.

I am not pretty sure about subinterfaces, but I have tried loopback configuration. I works perfectly, defining loopback interface and serial interface as "nat outside"; ethernet interface as "nat inside" and configuring some more stuff solved my problems. In this way, two way NAT is possible. There are various documents in Cisco TAC web site related with this issue..

Bronze

Yes, it's possible with SUB interfaces. Why because, the sub interfaces usage

gives us virtually different ethernet interfaces. So, you can use like for "e0.1" "ip nat inside" and for "e0.2", "ip nat outside".

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
Views
Helpful
Replies