cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR feature for mapping KaZaA

aunet
Level 1
Level 1

I just see this link : http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t8/dtnbarad.htm#1079748

and try to set router to control bandwidth from KaZaA. I used IOS version 12.2.13 on router 7200 and put these setting in configuration:

class-map match-all morpheus

match protocol gnutella file-transfer "*"

class-map match-all kazaa

match protocol fasttrack file-transfer "*"

policy-map inputpacket

class kazaa

police 8000 1000 1000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop violate-action drop

class morpheus

police 8000 1500 1500 conform-action drop exceed-action drop violate-action drop

interface Serial3/1

service-policy input inputpacket

interface Serial3/2

service-policy input inputpacket

Anyway, when I show policy-map int s3/1, it doesn't have any packet on that policy:

Class-map: kazaa (match-all)

0 packets, 0 bytes

5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: protocol fasttrack file-transfer "*"

police:

8000 bps, 1000 limit, 1000 extended limit

conformed 0 packets, 0 bytes; action: transmit

exceeded 0 packets, 0 bytes; action: drop

violated 0 packets, 0 bytes; action: drop

conformed 0 bps, exceed 0 bps, violate 0 bps

Class-map: morpheus (match-all)

0 packets, 0 bytes

5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

Match: protocol gnutella file-transfer "*"

police:

8000 bps, 1500 limit, 1500 extended limit

conformed 0 packets, 0 bytes; action: drop

exceeded 0 packets, 0 bytes; action: drop

violated 0 packets, 0 bytes; action: drop

conformed 0 bps, exceed 0 bps, violate 0 bps

That's mean it cannot block any KAZAA packet. What's wrong with this configuration?

4 Replies 4

bwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

I would download the Kazaa2 PDLM file. Once installed, this will give you another option in your "match protocol statement". It will be "match protocol kazaa2"... which will allow you to match on the new kazaa version 2 program.

Please visit the software center for IOS software and go into the PDLM section. http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pdlm Make sure to read the documentation on this new feature as it's very new and you need certain versions of IOS to run it.

This is a NBAR enhancement that was just released and I was having the same problems blocking kazaa until this was installed.

Thank you for your suggestion. I just do it following your instuction but it still doesn't work. class-map kazaa2 cannot match any kazaa2 packet and kazaa2 can use. I don't know why.

I'm having the same problem with Kazaa2 traffic not being detected even with the kazaa.pdlm loaded. Have you had any luck yet? If so, what might I be missing?

Loaded IOS 12.2(13)T1 for my 3640, now it works!