cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED HEL ABOUT M 1700 Series CISCO ROUTER

Mark-Anthony
Level 1
Level 1

Please someone help me. What can I do to a router giving me output in such a language?

?'

gj?) ??<??s??f???>?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Check for the LED status of the router. If it indicates that the router is working fine.

Then probably it indicates that some one had changed the default baud rate. Try increasing the BPS value in the hyperterminal step by step and see at which point you get access to the router.

Once you got access, then you can changed to baudrate to default value in the configuration.

HTH

-VJ

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mark,

Are you mentioning about the console output.

If so check the settings of your terminal emulation program.

-VJ

Hey VJ, I am running my hyperterminal at 9600 bits per second, 8 data bits, No parity, 1 Stop bit and No flow control. Just the default settings I always use for every other router.

Hi,

Can you do a telnet to your router???

If yes, then enter the following commands at the prompt:

- enable

- configure terminal

- line console 0

- speed 9600

and then save this configuration.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!!!

Hi,

Check for the LED status of the router. If it indicates that the router is working fine.

Then probably it indicates that some one had changed the default baud rate. Try increasing the BPS value in the hyperterminal step by step and see at which point you get access to the router.

Once you got access, then you can changed to baudrate to default value in the configuration.

HTH

-VJ

Thanks VJ. I am out of the problem.

Hi,

Glad to hear that you got back the access to the router. Thanks for rating the post.

-VJ

As an afterthought, if you can telnet to your router, just log into to your router and check the output of 'show run' and then see what speed is configured there and then connect the console with the same settings as in the router!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!!!

Hey Abhishek! I have tried all this. It is the same way I run any other router, but it is not working for me.

Hey Abhishek, I cannot telnet into the router. It is not configured yet. I am just logging into it and failing to see anything but that output.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: