Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NEED HELP FAST...aggregating multiple E1 interfaces on 1760 access router

hey all,

i am trying to develop a solution which envolves bundling 2 E1 interfaces so that they become 1 logical 4Mbps high speed link. i have tried Multilayer Multilink PPP but it seems that this router does not axcept the commands. i also tried portchannel (which doesn't apply since E1 isn't ethernet but thought i'd try it anyway). i'm running IOS ver 12.2(8)YJ, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1). the router is a cisco 1760 with 2 WIC E1 cards and 1 VIC card.

thanks for your help

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: NEED HELP FAST...aggregating multiple E1 interfaces on 1760

MPPP should work. You can also try using int multilink

What is your config?

Thanks.

no config as of yet. with MPPP, the entire physical T1/E1 link is subdevided into logical links witch can be used for this purpose. but what i have is 2 E1 interfaces and i want to join them into one logical 4Mbps (2Mbps +2Mbps) pipe.

if you beleive that this can be done with MPPP, please explain how

thanks...

Silver

I would simply config ppp encapsulation with ppp multilink command.

This link may help you as well: http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a5efa.shtml

HTH

well i got it working using PPP combined with link bundelling. i now have a total of 4Mbps:

interface Multilink1

ip address IP_ADD NET_MASK

ppp multilink

multilink-group 1

now my manager wants me to cascade this router to another 1760 for a total of 8Mbps. multichassis MLPPP didn't do the trick....any ideas?

PS. i will post this Q as a new thread.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content