Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

need help on WS-X2914-XL-V installation

Hi,

Just got this module for a 2924M-XL switch, installed it onto the switch and sure the thumb screws on the module front panel are tightened, but the all four LEDs on the module are amber and the Expansion Slot LEDs are off, I think the module is dead, am I right? If this is the only 2900XL switch I can use to test the module, is there any other way to tell it's dead and should be replaced? Any reply is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Frank

4 REPLIES

Re: need help on WS-X2914-XL-V installation

Please check what module it is, and whether your current firmware supports it. Please upload a dump of the startup process an any error messages about the new module.

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks Leo, appreciate your reply. Actually it's WS-X2914-XL-V, a 4 Port 10/100BaseTX module. the 2924M switch is loaded with boot loader 11.2(8) SA4 and has the latest 12.0(5)WC5 IOS installed. You can not see any error messages about the module and it looks like it's not detected by the switch because the Expansion slot status LED is off. I just don't know why all four LEDs on the module are constantly amber.

Community Member

Hi Frank,

I have had the same problem a few weeks ago. Because this switch was running the latest software release i immediately assumed that the module was dead. When i went on troubleshooting a little bit further i noticed that none of the modules i tried in the particular module slot were recognized. So it had to be something within the switch chassis. If you take a good look to the screws you have to tighten, you will notice that in every slot one of the screws will make a contact with a little metal piece, after having adjusted this piece right in front of the screw, my problem was solved!

Hope this helps!

best regards,

Dimitri

Anonymous
N/A

Dimitri, thanks for sharing your experiences with me, appreciate it. I also noticed the little metal piece while installing the module onto the switch, I tried to follow what you said but all four LEDs are still amber. :(

best,

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content