Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need help upgrading from 56K to T1

I currently have a 56K point-to-point connection between a 3640 and a 2620 router, using two WIC-1DSU-56K cards. I need to upgrade the connection to a T1. I will be replacing the existing WIC's with WIC-1DSU-T1's. If I just replace the WIC's and modify the bandwidth, will it work immediately? I will be at the main location (3640) with a less experienced person at the other one who can make the physical card swap. Specifically, will it use the current config, (IP address, subnet mask, …) so I can telnet into the far router or will it require a physical connection via laptop for configuration before a connection exists?

Thanks for the help...

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Need help upgrading from 56K to T1

you will most likely need these commands under the main interface

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

service-module t1 fdl both

Re: Need help upgrading from 56K to T1

Probably the easiest way to do the remote end is to copy the config from the remote router to your pc. Then remove the "service module 56k" command(s), insert the "service module t1" command(s), and copy that config back to the startup-config of the remote router. Now, have the person on the other end turn off the router, remove the old wic, insert the new, and turn it back on.

Views
Helpful
Replies