cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with 4006 Switch and 10/100/1000 cards

itchyfish
Level 1
Level 1

I'm fairly new at using this switch and cannot figure out how to get 3 - 10/100/1000 cards to work.

I installed the new cards in the switch, turned it on and now each of the cards have an amber light that flashes.

How do I fix this? Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Mike

7 Replies 7

Hello,

not sure which card you have (the 24 or the 48 port card) but make sure you have the right software release loaded. For the 24-port card that would be:

WS-X4424-GB-RJ45= 6.3(1), 7.1(1), 7.2(1)

and for the 48-port card:

WS-X4448-GB-RJ45= 7.1(1), 7.2(1)

I guess you have already tried to reseat the cards and reboot the switch ?

Regards,

Georg

George,

I cannot for the life of me find the software release on cisco's website - can you point me in the right direction?

Mike

Mike,

Try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/

Scott

Scott,

I've looked in here under Cisco IOS, LAN Switching, Network Mgmt Software and any other relevant places here and come up snake eyes ...

Mike

Mike,

Make sure you log in with a CCO account. You may need to hit the log in link at the top of the page. This will display all the product updates.

Scott

When I login I receive msg that states that I've logged in with my account and I'm only given guest level access. I'm guessing that's my problem.

I have no idea how to gain the additional requirements to get the additional access.

Looks like I'm stuck then .. thanks for the help.

Mike

Mike,

When you created your account did you link it to a current support contract? If not go to the profile section and add it there.

Scott