Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with 7204VXR

fareeduddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ppl.

We had an NPE225 in our 7204VXR which was working fine until last week. After some diagnosis we suspected the NPE to be faulty and asked for a new NPE225 from Cisco.

In the meantime, we got an NSE-1 locally and used it until the new NPE225 was shipped to us. This NSE-1 was working fine.

After a few days, we got the NPE225 and when we plugged it in the router we faced problems with some remote serial connections.

In the capture I got from the console when I powered on the router after installing the new NPE225, I noticed one line :

00:00:11: %PLATFORM-4-RECALLED_NPE: Old version NPE-175/225 with Rev = 0x03 system controller. Contact

upgrades-info@cisco.com for replacement

Can anyone please tell me what this line means ?

Thanks already.

Regards,

Fareeduddin Ahmad

3 Replies 3

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Fareedduddin,

This message indicates that the NPE-225 suffers from a problem where extreme high traffic volumes, while using a POS adapter can cause the router to crash. This, anomalous packet handling, is tracked under CSCdp57908. This might or might not effect you in your environment. The only work around / fix is to get a new NPE225 that does not suffer from this defect (see DDTS CSCdp57908 for details).

Hope this helps,

Don

Thanks for your reply Don.

I'm pretty new at this, so I could not understand what you meant by DDTS CSCDP57908. Is it something to do with Cisco TAC ? Kindly elaborate.

Thanks again.

Fareeduddin Ahmad,

Network Engineer

Fareeduddin,

DDTS are defects within IOS. Bugs basically. CSCDP57908 idetifies one in particular for your issue. Use the following link to access DDTSs to you can see more information that might be of interest to you.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

Hope this helps you,

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: