Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need to check ports on Cisco 2621

Sorry for the basic nature of my question- I don't get to dip into routing too much, to Cisco's credit.

I have a remote school site connected to my LAN with a Cisco 2621 (at their end), and a Cisco 3600 at my end. At my end we are connected through to the Internet with a Cisco 1605. Windows Updates (which go over port 443) are unsuccessful from the remote site, whereas from anywhere else on the LAN more directly connected to the Internet the updates work fine.

How can I determine whether or not the 2621 or the 3600 is not allowing those updates to succeed by blocking port 443, and if they are, how do I open them up?

5 REPLIES

Re: Need to check ports on Cisco 2621

Check on your 2600/3600 whether you have any access-lists configured. If yes, you need to edit your access-list to permit port 443, for https traffic.

While editing acls, use the following steps.

1. copy existing acl to a notepad

2. give a "no access-list " on the router

3. edit the notepad, and add the new access-list line

4. copy it back and paste it back to router (in global configuration mode)

HTH

Thanks for your reply. Again, I apologize for asking dumb questions, but the group that normally supports our routers is out of the picture.

I've looked at the show run, and I don't see anything called an access list in the printout. Is there a specific command that would show whether or not there are access lists?

Thanks.

What version of windows you running?

XP/Win 2000 is not allow copyed version.

you got to have a legal sn

Hi,

We run educational versions- serial numbers are automatically supplied in those versions, and yes, they are all legal. We have the same software product running on both sides of the WAN link, and only the computers on the far side of that 2621 router have any problems updating.

Thanks.

Scott,

why dont check, if other applications (say use ftp, http, ping) etc, are working from the remote site, to addresses in the internet.

Sankar

Views
Helpful
Replies