Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to purchase the Cisco Router

suresharja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a leased line 512K to connect internet. Which is basic Cisco model with part numbers to buy ?

Need : One Serial Port can Support upto 2MB, Fast Ethernet, One BRI Port. I need Router model Number and part Numbers.

Thanks

AS

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel u can lookout for something inline with 1700 series like 1721.

In that u got to have 2 Slots where in u can install 2 wan interfaces one for the primary serial line and the other one for the backup isdn.

check this link out for more info on 1721.also you got to have a onboard fastethernet port in that which is also one of the requirment u have out there.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_data_sheet09186a00800920ec.html

These are the interface cards which u require for 2Mb link connectivity and for the isdn connectivity.

WIC-1T -- For 2 Mbps Link

WIC-1B-S/T -- For ISDN backup

Also you can check out for WIC-2T in which u will have 2 Wan interfaces and will have the reduandcy on the hardware side in that for the WAN interface.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: