Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need to seperate networks for security

Hi, here is the problem.

We are having our central office move here into our building next month. We need to keep them on a seperate network for security reasons. We have a 2621 router that they currently use and the only available ports we have here are on a 2950 switch. Is there a way to put some hops between the main network and the network for the new router? Is VLAN's the only option? Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Need to seperate networks for security

VLANs is the way to go. You can configure intervlan routing on the 2621 and apply access-lists if you want to isolate traffic between specific VLANS

Regards,

-Prashanth

Re: Need to seperate networks for security

Vlan the network into a couple of different vlans. Remember that each vlan will need a default gateway if they are going to route to another network. As far as security you will have to use access list or a firewall to have a since of complete security depending on how secure you want to make the network. If you want me to take a look at your network email me you topo and I will look at it for you to offer some assistance. demarcusross@mindspring.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content