cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED URGENT HELP ON MY CAT-2950

Mark-Anthony
Level 1
Level 1

This machine is giving me hard time. It does not load an image at boot up. I have tried to download a new image from a tftp server but everything is not working out. I have tried to set environment variables like IP_ADDRESS and all the others but it is not doing me any good. Please help.....!!!

4 Replies 4

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

What is actually happening - is it booting to a ROM prompt? If so, can you then boot manually by command? I know there was some trick to get the thing to boot, but I don't remember off the top of my head what is was. I think you have to to set a boot variable in the environment, and the filename MUST include the bootflash: part of the pathname, or something like that. Sorry to be vague, but its getting too late to fire up the lab.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks Kevin. I have tried the boot flash: command as well. The machine responds to the command and tries to load flash but it says "no such file or directory" and the gets back to rommon. In otherwords it boots into rommon because it cant find flash. Do you have any other remedy to this problem?

Did you try with the slash in the path, i.e. flash:/filename rather than flash:filename? It looks like it recognises flash: as a device, but not the directory.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Can you list the output of the ROMMON> dir flash: command? It might help us determine if you have a viable IOS loaded.

Jim