Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

NetConfig droping TELNET sessions

I am using NetConfig jobs and the result of the jobs are informing that NetConfig "could not establish Telnet sessions to the device". If you try manually the device can be accessed. Iam suspecting of "timout" for the Telnet sessions. Is there any way to increase the Telnet session timeout for NetConfig? ( I am runnign CW2K- RME3.3 on Windowns 2K Platform).

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: NetConfig droping TELNET sessions

Sometimes It gives this error if the password is invalid. Did you check the output of the device attributes. In the RME ---->ADMIN---->Device Attributes--->there you should be able to see all the passwords enable, if you see data not yet, you need to update those device attributes.

Community Member

I have the same problem. If I run the same job on the failing devices after the first job is finished, it works fine. -> The attributes has to be correct. The problem seem to be that there are too many sessions and CW/W2k can not handle them correctly.

One "solution" is to not use the "Parallel Execution" but if you want to change 2000 devices I don't think this is optional. :-)

Tommy

Purple

How many devices do you have in your job , I think the general reccomendation is not to run more than 15-20 devices in one job .

Community Member

I am running jobs with 210 devices (routers and switches). Sometimes I get 11 good and the rest fail.

Do you have any document with this recomendation?

Thanks,

Gilson

Community Member

I ran into the same problem. TAC told me that it was due to a backend database query timeout causing this bug. I work around it by not selecting "parallel execution". The number of devices in the job does not affect us, only the number of concurrent threads.

Community Member

Thanks for the answer.

I will combine both: not select "parallel execution: and reduce the number of devices.

Gilson

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content