cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow

schadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use NetFlow on our 6509 running Native Mode IOS. We currently have the following IOS loaded...

c6sup2_rp Software (c6sup2_rp-JK2S-M), Version 12.1(26)E6

This IOS does not have the ip route-cache flow command in the sub-interface. I was wondering what the IOS requirements to run NetFlow are?

4 Replies 4

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We don't support netflow per sub-interface on the 6500/7600 platform at this time. The feature is on the roadmap, but for the sup720 only.

More info on Netflow sub-interface support:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t15/ft_nfsub.htm

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts.

So how to config netflow on 6500 if not per sub-interface .

Hi Henry,

You can configure netflow on the main interface, which will still get data from the sub-interfaces. The downside, of course, is a lack of granularity and possibly a lot of extraneous data.

HTH,

Bobby

what is considered the main interface? I noticed I was trying to do it on a switched port not a routed port and that is why it wouldn't work. If I put it on a routed interface i.e. vlanX then it would work. But is there a difference between using NetFlow vs. NDE? I seem to get more data with NDE than with just netflow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: