cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network audit

carl.abitbol
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do lots of network audits at customers. Does anybody has ides or templates that I can base myself on when I go around their network infrastructure?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

What exactly are you auditing for? Security, capacity, standards, ??

robhorniachek
Level 1
Level 1

CiscoPress just put out an excellent reference called 'The Networking Consultant Handbook'. There is a whole chapter, with templates on the web, for doing Network Audits - benchmarking, info to collect, etc.

Check it out!

neil.greenfield
Level 1
Level 1

Another book you might wish to look at called "Network Auditing: A Control Assessment Approach" by Gordon E. Smith. It is not Cisco specific, but takes a vendor neutral viewpoint and has templates to go with it. Not too high level, but gets the point across. One other place to go to is: http://www.auditnet.org/asapind.htm

This website has a number of templates to work with for every sort of audit issue, including IT templates.

steve
Level 1
Level 1

I WOULD really get the book "Top down network design" by cisco press. it has PRE MADE EXAMPLES for you of things that you would be interested in. I do the same get it :p

steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: