cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

network design question ( L2 or L3)

henrybb
Level 1
Level 1

My network topo is attached ,please see the jpg file.

My question is :

Now traffic from 6509-A to 7606-B is through 6509-A-->3750--->6509B--->7606-B. Of course, it is not optimal . How to optimal network topo ?

1. Change L3 link between 6509A-6509B to L2 link. But it will result L2 loop of vlan 10.1.1.0/24 and bring STP to network.

2. Change L2 link between 6509B-7606B to L3. And add l3 link between 6509A-7606B. But it will need to change the ip address of 7606B and make complicate to network .

So if I want to design L3 core,how to archive the best topo?

any comment is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Henry,

The best way to do it is using the method 2. This will gives us complete redundency in terms of link and l3 route to follow.

I would suggest to use the option 2.I understand that you need to make some changes to make it work but this will be a solution which will be worth to use. If I were you, i would have used the same one.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

henrybb
Level 1
Level 1

anybody can help me ?

thanks!

Do you think which one is more best solution ?

attach file1:topo l2.jpg

1. Change L3 link between 6509A-6509B to L2 link. But it will result L2 loop of vlan 10.1.1.0/24 and bring STP to network.

attach file2: topo l3.jpg

2. Change L2 link between 6509B-7606B to L3. And add l3 link between 6509A-7606B. But it make complicate to network .

Henry,

The best way to do it is using the method 2. This will gives us complete redundency in terms of link and l3 route to follow.

I would suggest to use the option 2.I understand that you need to make some changes to make it work but this will be a solution which will be worth to use. If I were you, i would have used the same one.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

thanks!

Do you think option 2 will make network more complicated ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: