Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

network design question ( L2 or L3)

My network topo is attached ,please see the jpg file.

My question is :

Now traffic from 6509-A to 7606-B is through 6509-A-->3750--->6509B--->7606-B. Of course, it is not optimal . How to optimal network topo ?

1. Change L3 link between 6509A-6509B to L2 link. But it will result L2 loop of vlan 10.1.1.0/24 and bring STP to network.

2. Change L2 link between 6509B-7606B to L3. And add l3 link between 6509A-7606B. But it will need to change the ip address of 7606B and make complicate to network .

So if I want to design L3 core,how to archive the best topo?

any comment is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: network design question ( L2 or L3)

Henry,

The best way to do it is using the method 2. This will gives us complete redundency in terms of link and l3 route to follow.

I would suggest to use the option 2.I understand that you need to make some changes to make it work but this will be a solution which will be worth to use. If I were you, i would have used the same one.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

4 REPLIES
Community Member

anybody can help me ?

thanks!

Community Member

Do you think which one is more best solution ?

attach file1:topo l2.jpg

1. Change L3 link between 6509A-6509B to L2 link. But it will result L2 loop of vlan 10.1.1.0/24 and bring STP to network.

attach file2: topo l3.jpg

2. Change L2 link between 6509B-7606B to L3. And add l3 link between 6509A-7606B. But it make complicate to network .

Henry,

The best way to do it is using the method 2. This will gives us complete redundency in terms of link and l3 route to follow.

I would suggest to use the option 2.I understand that you need to make some changes to make it work but this will be a solution which will be worth to use. If I were you, i would have used the same one.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Community Member

thanks!

Do you think option 2 will make network more complicated ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content